Lowongan Geography Teacher Vacancy for Academic Year 2020 - 2021-JAKARTA NANYANG SCHOOL
- Minimum Bachelor Degree from reputable universities
- Minimum of 3 years experience teaching IGCSE Geography, including teaching qualification from related subject, i.e. classroom management, course and lesson planning, subject knowledge, learning technologies and a familiarity with student-centered learning approaches
- Able to create and teach using multi-media and multi-channel approaches
- Able to speak, write and teach in English
- Computer literate
- Has experience in teaching at International School (minimum of 2 years)
- Familiar with Cambridge Curriculum and/or Singaporean Curriculum
- Good team player, hard worker, creative, dynamic, patient, dedicated and organised
- Has strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Has good character, passion in teaching, integrity and pleasant personality
- Easy to adapt to the new challenges and students
- Willing to sacrifice his/her time and spare efforts for students
- Moral Development: Every student is to be groomed to become a responsible individual who is proud of his/her integrity and contributes to society. The school implements a holistic character development programme catering for the social-emotional needs of students, with emphasis on moral education set within an Asian cultural context. The moral education programme is taught by the Chinese Language Department and uses the teachings of Confucius, particularly the Di Zi Gui. Love and obedience to parents, integrity, trust and respect are just some of the areas that our students are expected to grow and develop in. Further moral strengthening is done by the Agama Department which teaches students religious ethics and practices. This area falls under the scope of the Chinese Language and INSIGHT Departments.
- Intellectual Development: Students undertake a wide range of subjects during their time at JNY in order to broaden their knowledge of the world around them. The aim of the intellectual curricula is to promote an interest in study and to make learning accessible, interesting and challenging. The curricula at JNY follow the following pattern: Singapore iPSLE at the Primary Level, Cambridge IGCSEs at the Secondary Four Level and Cambridge AS/A levels at Junior College. The school offers the YCT and HSK exams from Beijing, to aid those students who wish to attend a Chinese University. Since the school wishes to give the best opportunities to our students, the school offers the Indonesian National Examinations to those who wish to take the exam for the purpose of attending good Universities within Indonesia. In addition, for students who show great interest or have talents in various fields of specialisation, the school will give opportunities for students to attend special training. The area of Intellectual Development is overseen by the Academic Team.
- Physical Development: Students are encouraged to develop a healthy body and a responsive mind through active participation in sports and games for recreation, specialisation, or as a life-long hobby. Students are tested using the Singaporean National Physical Fitness Award, which tests the students at the beginning of the year and again at the end of the year in order to be able to measure how much they have developed physically. The school provides modern sports facilities and engages qualified instructors to train students in various sports and games. Students are encouraged to participate in district and regional competitions. Furthermore, students will be urged to push themselves and to set and achieve evermore challenging physical goals. This area is under the scope of the Physical Education Department.
- Social Development: Attitude and communicative ability are critical to a student’s well-being and success. We offer several programmes to cultivate students in these aspects, such as INSIGHT, our in-house life skills curriculum developed from Dr. Stephen R. Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Students will also take part in hands-on real-world Experiential Learning during our Service Learning, Exploration & Expedition Weeks, and Global Discovery Programmes. Additionally, students will choose to attend one of our numerous Co-Curricular Activities that we offer, each of which is structured to facilitate student choice and responsibility. This area is overseen by the INSIGHT Department.
- Aesthetic Development: The JNY curricula have been developed in such a way as to teach students how and why they should appreciate the arts. The Visual Arts and Music programmes have been designed to promote this appreciation of the arts and of artistic talent in different forms. Since the aesthetic development of every child is important, the school is collaborating with established institutions, such as Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts in Singapore, to further develop their knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the arts. Students will be exposed to the arts, to different artistic techniques and how art is applicable in everyday situations. The area of Aesthetic Development is the responsibility of the Music and Visual Arts Departments.
Geography Teacher Vacancy for Academic Year 2020 - 2021-JAKARTA NANYANG SCHOOLTangerang (Banten) - BSD City | Ditayangkan: 24-May-2020 | Tutup pada 13-June-2020
Jakarta Nanyang School (JNY) is a dynamic trilingual school offering an international curriculum. We are committed to Total Quality.
We exist to give students access to a holistic education because every child matters and every child has untold potential to discover and maximise. We emphasise quality at all levels: quality staff and quality education, together with quality facilities and infrastructure, resulting in quality students.
JNY began the first year of operation in July 2012. JNY’s doors are open to students who wish to explore learning beyond the conventional in a global context. JNY operates in association with Nanyang International Education (Holdings) Limited, which is part of the Nanyang Family of Schools, alongside three very well established top educational institutions in Singapore.
JNY is modeled after the Nanyang Family of Schools in terms of educational approach, curricula, teaching approaches, and emphasis on eastern ethics and culture. The media of instruction are English, Bahasa Indonesia, and Mandarin.
Urgently needed - Geography Teacher for Academic Year 2020 - 2021
The requirements as follows:
5 KEY AREAS OF DEVELOPMENT
ALAMAT : JAKARTA NANYANG SCHOOL
BSD City, South Tangerang, Banten, Indonesia